PEDSC will proceed the following specific items as its activity plan.
1) To construct a unified database system to cover all the data in all the research fields of polar science.
2) To make the existing database systems (Science Database, Arctic Data archive System (ADS), Inter-university Upper atmosphere Global Observation NETwork (IUGONET)) upgraded and interoperable with each other.
3) To promote archiving, opening, and sharing of the data in each research field.
4) To promote publication of the scientific data, using the “Polar Data Journal”.
5) To promote collaboration with universities and other institutions in Japan and international communities.
6) To promote data science using the databases and database systems.